Discover Scuba Diving
Who should try this experience?
Have you always wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to try scuba diving, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is for you. PADI dive shops offer this program either in a pool, off a beach or from a dive boat. You can try scuba close to home or while you’re on vacation at a dive destination. While not a scuba certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world.
To sign up for a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience, you must be at least 10 years old. No prior experience with scuba diving is necessary, but you need to be in reasonable physical health.
Are you ready to try it out?
What will you learn?
You learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional. If you make an open water dive, you’ll practice a few more skills in shallow water to prepare for your adventure. Get ready to:
- Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater.
- Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
- Have fun swimming around and exploring.
- Hear about becoming a certified diver through the PADI Open Water Diver course.
How can you start learning now?
Contact us to sign up for a Discover Scuba Diving program. You’ll also learn about opportunities to become part of the scuba community after you complete your underwater experience.
What scuba gear will you use?
We will likely provide all the basic scuba gear you’ll use including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device, dive gauges and a tank.
Visit your local us to learn more about the gear you will need to start your adventures in Discover Scuba Diving.
Breathing underwater for the first time is thrilling, so don’t wait.
- Enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course.
- Read the scuba certification FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions).
- Browse the PADI Course Catalog.